Today we will be writing a scary story. When I told students this last week, they thought I had lost my mind. "It's not Halloween," they said. "Why would we do it in May?" they asked.
Well, funny you should ask that. The things we will cover include:
1. The plot and developing problems;
2. Descriptive writing and adding supporting details;
3. Punctuating dialogue;
4. Character development;
5. Building a narrative to a climax;
6. Cooperation and writing with a partner;
7. Edditing-git that speling write;
8. Writing with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
The assignment is to write a scary/horror story. BUT, shooting or guns, and stabbing or knives, or killing in any way is NOT allowed! All injuries must be incidental or accidental. The focus is on scaring the reading in only the most imaginative ways!
I can't wait to read them.