Dear Readers,Please give me a hand. I have been publishing this blog for about eight months now. Yesterday was a great day - the blog passed 5,000 hits. It is pretty remarkable to me that this blog has been viewed 5,000 times this school year. I appreciate the interest. Now, please help me make it better.
I see it as having three roles including:
1. Informing parents about events, activities, and news from our Reading Workshop,
2. Providing a forum for discussion about our Reading Workshop, reading instruction, our class, and our school,
3. Making us think, me as a writer, and hopefully, you as a reader and writer.
With this in mind, I would like your help - how can I make this blog more useful for you?
Here are some areas you might like to comment on:
- Topics - are there topics (specific or general) you’d like covered? What topics would you like to see more of? less of?
- Types of Posts - recaps of daily events, class instructional goals and reports, student response posts, guest posts, upcoming events…. have your say about what you’d like most/least
- Posting Frequency - too many posts, not enough, just right?
- Blog Features - what would make your reader experience better?
- And - what else do I need to know about the blog?
I would especially like to hear from parents and teachers. I appreciate the enthusiastic commenting from students, but my goal is for this blog to serve as a tool for communication with parents and teachers as well.